Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh Duck!!





All of the boys are away so Nama, Aunt Jen and I decided to take the kids to feed some ducks at a near by pond. Oh the kids and Aunt Jen had a blast. I have to be honest Aunt Jens was hilarious! When we were growing up we would love to feed ducks so I just figured Jen would remember, well she didn't! When we first got to the pond and she saw all 200 of the ducks she looked at me and said "really?" Then she told me to leave my car running and her door open so that if she needed to run from the ducks she could. I of course laughed at her turned off my car and locked the doors!! After a few moments she realized that the ducks just wanted her bread! The kids all picked out their favorite duck and couldn't feed them fast enough. I am pretty sure we will be doing this again soon so please stay tuned for Oh Duck 2!!

5 comments:

Jill Knotwell said...

Can I go too? I am saving up my bread to go feed the ducks!

Jen said...

You weren't supposed to tell people that! :) A herd of ducks is scary running at you! And...geese hiss! Scary. It was fun. Thanks for taking us. I can't believe how much I look like mom in that picture.

Jess said...

Fun stuff! And I hear that the splash pad is all the rage for play dates. Do you think I could come and bring my dog get in on some mommy outings!? :)

Sara and Nick said...

Ryn should be a model! She is so cute no matter what she is doing! How fun!

Heath said...

Your sister is so cute. (I love her comment above) I'm glad that you live so close and can have your kids be good friends. You'll love that. Kids and ducks just seem to go together don't they? How fun